Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringement
Notifications of infringement should be sent to: ff+dmcafeed-forward.net.
To file a copyright infringement notification with us, please send us an email similar to the sample notification shown below
. Your notification must include substantially the following (in accordance with Section 512(c)(3) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s) claimed to have been infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
(Providing URLs such as “http://www.feed-forward.net/w.0000_foo” is the best way to help us locate content quickly.)
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and email address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Our Designated Agent can be reached at: ff+dmcafeed-forward.net
We accept the text “Signed: [Your Name]” (where “[Your Name]” denotes your full legal name) as an 'electronic signature'.
Please note that under Section 512(f), any person who knowingly misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability for damages.
Please also note that the information provided in the complaint may be forwarded to the person who posted the allegedly infringing content.
Subject: Notice of Copyright Infringement
I am the copyright owner of the multi-media work *Camelidae in the
Wild and Captivity* (2008).
I have a good-faith belief that the material listed below infringes
my rights in the above-mentioned work and is not authorized by me,
my agents, or the law:
(Photograph of a wild llama.)
(Audio recording of alpacas and accompanying lyrics.)
My email address is: email@example.com.
My phone number is: +1-123-456-7890.
My mailing address is:
John Q Smith
123 Main Street
Dullsville, CA 98765.
I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this
notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am
authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that
I allege to be infringed as described above.
Signed: John Q Smith
If, pursuant to a copyright complaint, we remove material that you posted, and you believe that the material was misidentified as infringing, then you may file a counter-notification in accordance with Section 512(g)(3). We will forward your counter-notification to the person who filed the copyright complaint, as required by law. If said complainant doesn't sue you in court within 10 business days, we may restore the material alleged to be infringing.
To be effective, a counter-notification must be a written communication that includes substantially the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the user.
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the user has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- The user’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the user consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the user’s address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that the user will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement or an agent of such person.
Please note that under Section 512(f), any person who knowingly misrepresents that (material was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification) may be subject to liability for damages.